To mark its 225th anniversary, the United States Mint released the 2017 American Liberty 225th Anniversary Gold Coin™ featuring a modern rendition of Lady Liberty. We believe this is one of the most “ICONIC” coins to date.
Emblematic figures of liberty have graced American coins since the founding of the United States Mint in 1792. The newest Lady Liberty is a modern rendition of this iconic figure that embodies the ideals of freedom and equality first set forth in our Declaration of Independence. Liberty is portrayed as an African American woman for the first time.
The American Liberty 225th Anniversary Gold Coin is 99.99 percent, 24-karat gold. It is the first high relief coin with a proof finish ever minted by the United States.
The coin won Best Gold Coin in Krause Publications’ 2019 Coin of the Year Awards.
- Denomination: $100
- Finish: Proof
- Composition: 99.99% gold
- Diameter: 1.205 inches (30.61 mm)
- Weight: 1.0000 troy oz. (31.108 grams)
- Sculptor: Phebe Hemphill, Medallic Artist
- Designer: Justin Kunz, Artistic Infusion Program
- Sculptor: Michael Gaudioso, Medallic Artist
- Designer: Chris Costello, Artistic Infusion Program
There are no reviews yet.